Center will be supported by new Gates Foundation grant and led by world-renowned health expert—
WHAT: Media telebriefing to announce new institute to evaluate international health programs. Speakers on the telebriefing will:
- Launch a new institute at the University of Washington to conduct independent, rigorous evaluations of health programs worldwide.
- Announce major new funding from the Gates Foundation and the University of Washington to support the institute.
- Discuss the urgent need for high-quality health data and analysis to guide international policymaking.
WHO: Speakers on the telebriefing will include:
- Dr. Tachi Yamada, president, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's Global Health Program
- Dr. Mark Emmert, president, University of Washington
- Dr. Christopher Murray, professor, University of Washington, and incoming director of the Institute
- Dr. Julio Frenk, former minister of health, Mexico, and incoming chair of the Institute’s board
WHEN: Monday, June 4, 2007, at 10:30 a.m. New York / 3:30 p.m. London