ABOUT THE TOOL
How did life expectancy and probability of death change between 1990 and 2015 in 195 countries? Examine changes in life expectancy and see how causes contributed to changes in life expectancy. Explore the probability of death by cause, location, sex, and year. Analyze healthy life expectancy (HALE) by sex, location, and year.
New features with this version:
- Ability to select start and end years for life expectancy decomposition
- Healthy life expectancy (HALE) added to measures
- Use the latest version of Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer (currently IE11), or Firefox.
- Make sure to disable compatibility mode in Internet Explorer. In some cases, it renders a site unusable.
- Use Ctrl+0 to reset the browser zoom. Sometimes having the browser zoomed in or out interferes with the layout or a few mouse-dependent properties.
- If the visualization isn't loading or looks distorted, try clearing your cache. See http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache for pointers.
Terms and conditions of use:
For terms and conditions of use, please visit http://www.healthdata.org/about/terms-and-conditions
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME). Life Expectancy & Probability of Death Data Visualization. Seattle, WA: IHME, University of Washington, 2016. Available from http://vizhub.healthdata.org/le/. (Accessed [INSERT DATE])