The Independent Advisory Committee for the Global Burden of Disease will advise the Board of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation on Global Burden of Disease, Forecasting, and Geospatial Analysis research areas with the following terms of reference:
- review the strengths and weaknesses of different methods and results,
- identify areas in which, on the basis of available evidence, new data collection and analysis would help to improve particular estimates and make recommendations for how to instigate and support such efforts,
- advise the Board about opportunities for strengthening collaboration and shared ownership,
- engage in dialogue with other efforts on global health estimates,
- advise the Board on guidelines for access to and use of the Global Burden of Disease, forecasting, and geospatial mapping databases globally, regionally, and nationally, and
- report annually to the Board.
The IAC meets twice annually and is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Summaries of all IAC meetings are available here.
For more information about the Independent Advisory Committee, please contact the GBD IAC Program Manager, Sarah Curran.
Independent Advisory Committee Management and Support
- Sarah Curran, Program Manager, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK