Do you have a drive to improve health and equity around the world and a mind for business? There may be a job for you helping strengthen the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington. The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington has been one of the leading organizations providing data for science-based decision-making during the COVID-19 crisis, decisions that have led to increased public safety measures. IHME funds its work in part through a social enterprise – IHME Client Services – that licenses access to IHME’s data to support IHME’s work.
IHME is committed to providing the evidence base necessary to help solve the world’s most important health problems. This requires creativity and innovation, which is cultivated by an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment that respects and appreciates differences, embraces collaboration, and invites the voices of all IHME team members.
IHME Client Services shares IHME’s mission to create a world in which everyone can live a long life in full health. We have built a team culture that is positive, inclusive, and fun. In the spirit of collaboration, we share praise with each other and welcome constructive critique. Everyone on the team knows that we succeed together, fail together, and adapt our approach together, whenever necessary. That is how we will ultimately drive down inequalities globally and make a healthier world for all.
IHME Client Services is seeking candidates for an Associate to help us build our Life Sciences Portfolio as we work to advance IHME’s mission of improving equity globally. The Associate will serve as a relationship manager with organizations, marketing our data and services, and guiding organizations in the use of data. This role can be fully remote with travel, barring travel restrictions, to Seattle and to client offices worldwide.
Here are some more details about the role:
Client Engagement and Business Development
- Engage with existing clients to help them make the best use of IHME’s data to drive better decision-making.
- Identify prospective clients in the Life Sciences sphere, developing potential pathways for engagement based on the intersection of the clients’ needs and IHME’s competencies.
- Plan, design, and execute events tailored to marketing data packages and analytic services.
- Oversee the development of agreements with clients, working closely with finance officers, procurement specialists, and legal experts as necessary.
Project Management and Deliverable Production
- Develop and lead multiple project workstreams toward on-time delivery.
- Analyze and synthesize information provided by clients and integrate that information into project deliverables.
- Contribute to the production of tools, reports and other related materials from concept to finished product with critical thinking and creativity.
- Liaise with other teams at IHME to ensure mutual understanding of needs and timelines for specific projects.
Training and Knowledge Transfer
- Help develop a workshop program aimed at expanding the use of IHME’s data and analytics within organizations.
- Demonstrate data delivery tools to organizations.
- Communicate with clients, faculty, and other stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the nature and context of the data.
- Represent IHME Client Services at meetings and speaking opportunities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned that fall within the reasonable scope of this position as member of the team.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to business, public policy, public health, or life sciences plus at least four years of professional work experience in business development, business consulting, fundraising, or other relevant fields.
- Strong communication skills and relationship management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented research environment with a focus on producing results.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and to work effectively in a team.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Master’s level degree (in one of these fields) highly desirable
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Office is located in Seattle, Washington. This position is eligible to work fully remote.
- This role requires travel up to 20% of the year, including international travel. As such, the candidate must have a valid passport or the ability to obtain passport.
- All Client Services staff work under annual contracts, which are renewed based on performance. Under these contracts, staff may earn a yearly incentive bonus based upon revenue targets being achieved during the year.
- IHME Client Services is headquartered in Seattle, but team members are free to work remotely as long as their working hours can reasonably overlap with others on the team. All team meetings are conducted virtually.
- We are committed to social service and encourage staff to volunteer their time to causes of interest to them.
- We provide funds for each team member to seek professional development training each year.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral. The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or [email protected].