May 14–18, 2019 – Negroponte Resort, Greece
The Global Burden of Disease (GBD) study is the largest and most comprehensive scientific effort to measure epidemiological levels and trends worldwide. The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) is hosting a workshop to train learners interested in the data, methods, findings, and implications of the GBD study.
This workshop aims to help introductory-level learners of the GBD develop mastery and greater fluency in GBD methods, tools, and data. This workshop provides both a breadth and depth of exploration and hands-on learning about key aspects of the GBD study, including its analytical methods, data sources, visualization tools, and policy implications. This workshop cultivates connections, knowledge sharing, discourse, and debate with an audience of engaged practitioners and collaborators. Training sessions intend to promote debate, discussion, and an open exchange of ideas.
An important prerequisite of the workshop is completing the GBD online training, which is included in registration for the workshop. Access will be provided to registrants after they have fully registered. Registrants will be provided information to waive the course fees.
This workshop provides the opportunity to:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the scientific approach used in the GBD study;
- Cultivate a robust understanding of the various analytical methods utilized in the GBD study;
- Expand networking opportunities by joining the GBD collaborator network and becoming part of a large global community of researchers and policymakers;
- Learn within a community of practice of other global health practitioners dedicated to using the GBD study;
- Learn from the creators of the burden of disease approach – instructors to be announced.
This workshop is a great learning opportunity for researchers, academic leaders, policymakers, and individuals working at non-governmental organizations, foundations, country offices of health statistics, and national and multinational health organizations.
Scholarships are available to a limited number of participants who wish to attend the GBD Technical Workshop. To learn more click here.