You can apply to the Post-Bachelor Fellowship using our online application.
Deadline: January 10, 2019
- Bachelor’s degree with no previous graduate training
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- High academic potential and a strong interest in pursuing academic or professional careers related to global health
- United States citizenship or residency
- No background in global health or a related field is required
- Resume (two-page limit)
- Brief goal statement (500-word maximum) on how your skills, experience, and long-term career goals contribute to your candidacy
- Brief personal statement (300-word maximum) in response to one of three prompts
- One letter of reference from a professor or professional familiar with your coursework or research
- Unofficial academic transcript
- Candidates selected for interviews will be required to submit an official academic transcript prior to the interview. Grades from the official academic transcript will be used to verify grades from the unofficial transcript.
Applicants to the PBF program will participate in an analytical-thinking exercise. The analytical-thinking exercise consists of short answer, multiple choice, and true/false case-based questions that aim to assess your analytical and problem-solving skills. The questions will also give you a better idea of the types of skills and aptitudes that IHME’s Post-Bachelor Fellows need to possess.
About the Analytical-Thinking Exercise:
- No health or quantitative background is required or expected
- It is not necessary to study or prepare for the exercise
- It is a timed event
- Candidates may take the exercise one time only
An email with a link to the analytical-thinking exercise and instructions will be sent to each candidate by January 12th. Candidates will have until midnight on January 18th (PST) to complete the exercise.
The PBF admissions team will identify candidates for an in-person interview. Candidates interview at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, in Seattle, in early spring. Fellowship offers are expected to be made by May. All candidates can expect to receive a decision on their application.
Applications will only be considered once all materials have been received.
For questions about the PBF program, please contact us at: [email protected]