About the tool
Analyze updated data about the world’s health levels and trends from 1990 to 2015 in this interactive tool. Use treemaps, maps, arrow diagrams, and other charts to compare causes and risks within a country, compare countries with regions or the world, and explore patterns and trends by country, age, and gender. Drill from a global view into specific details. Compare expected and observed trends. Watch how disease patterns have changed over time. See which causes of death and disability are having more impact and which are waning.
New features with this version:
- Additional measures: prevalence, summary exposure value, maternal mortality ratio, life expectancy, and healthy life expectancy
- Options to view expected values and observed/expected ratio
- Ability to select which years to use for annual percent change (treemap chart feature)
- Line chart added to the set of available chart types
- Use the latest version of Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer (currently IE11), or Firefox.
- Make sure to disable compatibility mode in Internet Explorer. In some cases, it renders a site unusable.
- Use Ctrl+0 to reset the browser zoom. Sometimes having the browser zoomed in or out interferes with the layout or a few mouse-dependent properties.
- If the visualization isn't loading or looks distorted, try clearing your cache. See http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache for pointers.
Terms and conditions of use:
For terms and conditions of use, please visit http://www.healthdata.org/about/terms-and-conditions
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME). GBD Compare Data Visualization. Seattle, WA: IHME, University of Washington, 2016. Available from http://vizhub.healthdata.org/gbd-compare . (Accessed [INSERT DATE])
Causes of Death
Communicable, Maternal, Neonatal, and Nutritonal Disorders
High Blood Pressure
Household Air Pollution
Ischemic Heart Disease
Lower Respiratory Infections
Preterm Birth Complications
Smoking and Tobacco
Water and Sanitation