How to nominate: The Roux Prize is intended for anyone who has used health evidence in innovative ways to improve the health of the population. We welcome diverse entries: winners might be workers within government agencies, researchers at academic institutions, volunteers in charitable organizations, or health providers working in the community. View previous recipients of the Roux Prize
Each year, the winner receives $100,000 that can be put toward anything that the winner wishes. Past recipients have used their winnings to fund academic scholarships, their research, or their own life’s causes.
The selection process: The winner of the Roux Prize is selected in two rounds. The first round is composed of the Roux Prize Nomination Committee – these are distinguished individuals representing different spheres of the GBD network. They independently review the nominations and select their top candidates, who move forward to the second round of review. The second round is conducted by the Roux Prize Nomination Board, who narrow the selection down to one winner.
Eligibility: Nominations are welcomed from across the globe. Preference is given to individuals, but groups are eligible. Self-nominations are discouraged. Current full-time faculty, fellows, or employees of IHME and the University of Washington are not eligible.
- Upon notification, the award much be accepted by the recipient within a term decided by IHME, and be received by the recipient at the Roux Prize Awards dinner in June 2020.
- The prize is valued at $100,000 USD and is for the personal use of the recipients. An award citation and a medal will also be presented.
- If a group, rather than an individual, receives the award, the prize will be evenly divided among them. Each will receive an award citation and medal.
- Awards are made to residents of any country without restriction of gender, race, religion, creed, or nationality.
- Expenses for travel and accommodation for recipients and their partners to accept the award are paid for.
- All selections are final and are not subject to review or challenge.
- Nominations for 2020 should be received no later than January 31, 2020. Nominations received after this date will be considered the following year.
- The winner will be announced prior to the award ceremony in June 2020.
Award: The $100,000 Roux Prize is awarded annually by the nomination process described above.
Nomination instructions: As the evaluation of nominees depends on the information supplied, nominations should be accurate, detailed, and complete. We prefer nominations in English. Due to organizational capacity, we cannot guarantee that applications in languages other than English will be reviewed. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].