About the tool
Analyze updated estimates of the world’s health for 359 diseases and injuries and 84 risk factors from 1990 to 2017 in this interactive tool. Use maps and treemaps, arrow diagrams, and many other charts to compare causes and risks within a country, compare countries with regions or the world, and explore patterns and trends by country, age, and sex. Results at the subnational level are also available for select countries. Drill down from a global view into specific details. Compare expected and observed trends. Watch how disease patterns have changed over time. Learn which causes of death and disability are having more impact and which are waning.
Measures available include:
- Years of life lost (YLLs)
- Years lived with disability (YLDs)
- Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs)
- Maternal mortality ratio
- Life expectancy
- Healthy life expectancy (HALE)
- Use the latest version of your preferred web browser.
- Make sure to disable compatibility mode in Internet Explorer. In some cases, it renders a site unusable.
- Use Ctrl+0 to reset the browser zoom. Having the browser zoomed in or out may interfere with the layout or properties that are mouse-dependent.
- If the visualization is not loading or looks distorted, try clearing your cache. See http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache for pointers.
Terms and conditions of use:
For terms and conditions of use, please visit http://www.healthdata.org/about/terms-and-conditions
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME). GBD Compare Data Visualization. Seattle, WA: IHME, University of Washington, 2018. Available from http://vizhub.healthdata.org/gbd-compare. (Accessed [INSERT DATE])