About the tool
With this interactive map, you can explore health trends in the United States at the county level between 2000 and 2019 for:
- Life expectancy by race and ethnicity
- All-cause mortality by race and ethnicity
You can also explore health trends in the United States at the county level between 1980 and 2014 for all ages and both sexes for many causes of death.
Estimates are also available for several risk factors for selected years:
- Physical activity
- Alcohol use
Use the settings at the top to select a dataset, year, age, sex, and race and ethnicity (for life expectancy and all-cause mortality only). Use the time trend menu on the right to explore time trends for specific counties.
Definitions for risk factors in this visualization here.
To download data, please see the links under Related Content > Related GHDx Records at the bottom of this page.
- Use the latest version of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- Use Ctrl+0 to reset the browser zoom. Sometimes having the browser zoomed in or out interferes with the layout or a few mouse-dependent properties.
- If the visualization isn't loading or looks distorted, try clearing your cache. See http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache for pointers.
Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME). US Health Map. Seattle, WA: IHME, University of Washington, 2022. Available from http://vizhub.healthdata.org/subnational/usa. (Accessed [INSERT DATE])